Monday, October 12, 2009

That 10k will just not go away

As you guys can probably figure out by now, when I don't post for a while, it's usually because I'm not being good.

In what some of my friends have called a very stupid decision, I have decided to give my parents back the 10k. I don't really want to go into too much detail because I'm not debating the issue but basically, they started wanting to know every detail of my financial life (don't get me wrong I can understand where they are coming from with that) and I was not willing to share. Basically, it boiled down to the fact that there were too many strings for me and I just felt too old for all that.

The bad news is that I'm going to have to take cash out of my credit card because I used part of that money to pay down the credit card. Luckily, I have a card that charges same as purchases for cash advances so it's not going to be at an astronomical. I haven't updated the sidebars yet, but it's definitely not going to look pretty.

I know all the arguments against my choice and I know saying I've already made up my mind about it is not going to stop people from telling me anyway, so just know I probably won't respond to comments of that nature.

I'm no longer in a race to pay down my debt. I just want it to go down.

3 comments:

  1. You should check to see if you have access to
    a balance transfer that allows your credit card company to deposit cash in your bank account. I know I have that option with my Citi rewards card. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your situation and your decision completely. Family debts are not ones you want to drag on, simply for that reason: they like to ask questions about it. Plus, you need good relationships with your family as support during the rest of your debt repayment, so maintaining that fine balance can be so difficult with a debt owing to them.

    Good luck with all of this, I just wanted you to know that I agree with your decision and support you. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think u made totally right decision, paying off debt urself makes u 100% mature and also will build alot of character even if it will take more time, i would have done samething in ur position as u did, return the money back to parents

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with some tough love